Signposts

Thursday 9 November 2017

Hello and Welcome!

Hello.

I have been inspired by a few bloggers, like Sandra at Cherry Heart, and Sam at Betty Makes to create my own little corner of sanity in the world. I'm guessing the best place to start in this first post is to tell you a little bit about myself.

My name is Mary, and I'm currently 34. I live in southern Cornwall, England with my wonderful hubby (Mr Lyvit), our three amazing children and our black and white Dutch rabbit. Mr Lyvit also blogs and writes books as a hobby, although I'm sure he would love to do it full time. His information can be found here. Thing 1 is currently a 15 year old boy (that is he is currently 15) who is studying hard and practicing his musical creative side in the hopes of pursuing a career in it. Thing 2 is currently an 11 year old girl who, amongst many other talents, is following in her Mum's footsteps into the world of yarn. She has even picked up some fleece and a spindle from Stitchfest SW 2017 to have a go at creating her own squishy to work with! Thing 3 is currently an 8 year old girl and is also very creative but is yet to find her niche.




I'm a self taught, with the help of the likes of YouTube, knitter and crocheter. I'm usually left handed but have found although I crochet using my left hand I can use my right if needed, as well as knitting right handed. I have found I have learnt this way out of necessity when following patterns and learning new techniques. Any one else ambidextrous when crafting?

I took up crochet originally as a way of helping me stay sane in this crazy crazy world. Due to health issues I often have several days if not weeks where I cannot do much other than sit on the sofa. Obviously there are the hundreds of channels and box sets to watch on TV but I have never been one for sitting still and doing nothing. I find my brain just needs to be active. Therefore I bought myself a hook and some cheap yarn to learn with. I think all those years ago my first ever project was a simple granny square I used as a coaster for a while. I was hooked (pun intended) and haven't looked back since. I enjoy all things yarn related, but I especially enjoy crochet blankets and amigurumi or stuffies as they can be known.



I'm hoping to use this blog to record regularly my works in progress, or WIPs, my finished items or FO, and any general information pertinent to yarn. It would be lovely to meet and chat with fellow crafters too, particularly those using yarn. What would you like to see? Anything you would like to know?

Mrs L
X

No comments:

Post a Comment