Signposts

Wednesday 16 May 2018

Time for Thought?

Morning all. How's everyone doing?

I have had a lot of time to think things through, re-evaluate things and generally take some time to process what I want to do, where I want to be and what I need to focus on to improve my life. Maybe this forced hiatus of mine is a blessing!

I'm still awaiting an actual physio appointment to assess things but with some careful research, an intensive lava shell back, neck and shoulder massage, and some gentle stretching and yoga, I have reduced the pain level greatly! It does look like I have a frozen shoulder, leading to muscle weakness in my bicep and tightness in my neck.  In the past month I have gone from being barely able to tap my hip with my left hand and washing my hair with just my right to now being able to put my hand in my back pocket and brushing my hair with my left hand. It's amazing how much we rely on being able to use both arms! At this rate I may have fixed it myself by the time I see the professionals.

Youtube has been amazing for research, physio help and discovering things like bed yoga to help stretch my whole body whilst being mindful of what my body is capable of. Who knew that such a thing existed!

In the last few days I have even been able to pick up my hook and needles to finish two WIPs, both of which were gifts promised weeks ago! The first was meant to be originally a Christmas present for my Mum, but time and the beginnings of the shoulder issue meant I delayed it until Mother's Day. In the UK Mother's Day was the 12th March this year and sadly I didn't even make that. I did finish in time for American Mother's day though, so that's a bonus!

What did I make I hear you ask. Well Mum had requested a red unicorn with a gold horn, her two favourite colours. Did I fulfill the request?



I'm as yet to give it to her and if she happens to read this before I manage to, Mum I hope you like her and I'm sorry I'm so slow at the moment.

The second item I have finished is for the latest member of our extended family, and her mum. Back when our three were small and we would carry them in the baby sling, we often found it hard to keep them warm without overheating them or ourselves. I spent some time searching Ravelry for wrap/cardigan/shawl ideas that mum could wear to keep them warm, whilst being easy to remove if needed and leaving her hands free. I came across this wonderful pattern for a double poncho. Despite the original being in spanish, a talented knitter had translated it well enough that I could get the gist of what I needed to do. So I chose a gender neutral colour, in case dad is carrying little one, from my Stylecraft stash and picked up my needles. I used an acrylic yarn because I imagine it will need washing regularly and with a newborn the less fussing over laundry the better. Here is the result modelled graciously by Thing 2 and here bear! What do you all think? Again the poncho hasn't been gifted yet, but we are heading to see them in just over 1 week!! I can't wait!!




I hope the recipient likes it as much as I do.

That leaves 5 current WIPs; 2 pairs of socks, a crochet aghan, and 2 tops. There is also a huge queue, a little overwhelming queue, but that is for another blog post.

Take it easy friends. Chat again soon

Mrs L
x

No comments:

Post a Comment